Sundog Family Camp
Ages 5 – 11 & Parents
Sundog Adventures is going on a road trip to Blachford Lake Lodge! We’re offering Yellowknifers a northern Staycation Club Med experience! Bring your family, enjoy the all-inclusive comforts, activities and food of Blachford while your children are entertained with Sundog staff during the day.
Schedule & Pricing:
August 2 – 6, 2021August 2: Depart Yellowknife at 4 p.m. August 6: Depart Blachford Lake Lodge at 5:00 p.m.
Price per person: $1,199 (plus GST)
All inclusive (flight, 3 meals a day + snacks, access to all activities, and access to 2hrs / day of guided activities while kids are in camp)
August 2: Arrive at BLL. Settle yourself into your accommodations and meet Sundog and Blachford staff for dinner. After dinner we will organize a family event.
August 3 – 6: Day Camp starts after breakfast is served. Let Sundog staff entertain your children while adults enjoy all the comforts of the resort. Adults can request Blachford staff as interpretive guides for 2 hrs/day. Day camp finishes at 4 p.m.
August 4: Adult Date Night! Relax in the beautiful setting of Blachford Lake Lodge while enjoying a full course meal. We’ll take your kids and entertain them for you! Day Camp hours: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. & 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Registration Deadline: June 30, 2021
Space is limited. to 10 adults and 15 children. There will be no other guests at Blachford during this time period.
- Return air charter (bush plane) Yellowknife to Blachford Lake Lodge
- Accommodation (lodge or cabin) with daily housekeeping
- Three delicious meals per day, prepared by our in-house chef
- Snacks, juice and coffee available throughout the day
- Use of Lodge Facilities: dining room, Aurora viewing lounge, fireplaces, northern library, bathrooms with showers, basins and toilets, open decks
- Use of seasonal equipment: canoes, kayaks, SUP boards, fat tire bikes, hiking trails
- Use of hot tub, sauna, tipi, bonfire pits, etc.
- Option to participate in different handicraft activities
- Yoga equipment available for personal use
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Alcoholic beverages
For more information contact us at email@example.com / (867) 446.8687
Once registration is completed a full registration kit will be emailed to you including:
- COVID19 Exposure Control Plan
- Equipment List
Shauna Morgan has been living in Yellowknife for the past 12 years, working in a variety of fields including leading outdoor adventure camps for children aged 5 to 15, working with the Bushkids program for the past 2 years, teaching piano lessons, helping to build the Snow Castle, and community development and planning work, including facilitating on-the-land workshops. Shauna is also currently in her second term as an elected Yellowknife City Councillor. Shauna enjoys spending much of her spare time outdoors—skiing, paddling, hiking, cycling, foraging and camping.
Richard & Christine are the owner / operators of Sundog Adventures. They have a family of three children, two cats, and 13 dogs (Wacko will be at Family Camp). We enjoy paddling, sailing, kicksledding, and most other outdoor activities.
Update with BLL policy